Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Gun won't shoot.

:

Doctor's Corner

Old June 29th, 2009, 20:55   #1
Decimator 3000

Gun won't shoot.

Hi, I'm writing this on behalf of my friend whose G&G MP5 Blowback isn't working. His gun just won't shoot, at first we thought it was the battery however we tried multiple batteries and none of them did the trick. He hasn't used it much and he always keeps it inside the box it shipped in when he's not using it. The gun appears to be in mint condition, no scratches, dents ect. The gun hasn't been dropped or modified in anyway. We thought to contact the website he bought it from (buyairsoft.ca) but the site appears to be down :confused. I realize that anyone reading this won't be able to provide an answer based off this broad description of the problem. I was however wondering if anyone has any theories behind, things he could try to get it working again or a place where he could get it looked at. Thanks.
Decimator 3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2009, 20:59   #2
kalnaren

Do you hear a slight "clicking" when you pull the trigger? If sothe mechbox is probably locked. Pull the motor out and trip the anti-reversal latch.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2009, 21:00   #3
zone 69

See if the fuse is blown.
zone 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2009, 01:55   #4
Con Murder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Do you hear a slight "clicking" when you pull the trigger? If sothe mechbox is probably locked. Pull the motor out and trip the anti-reversal latch.
NICE! Just had my friends G&G mp5 (sound familiar?) lock up... And ya, I opened it up but the anti reverse is in the mechbox with no access except the hole the motor goes through. Any way to trip the latch from the hole?
Con Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2009, 02:54   #5
Forever_kaos

Yep.
Bend a coat hanger or other sort of tool

Poke in there man!
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2009, 08:08   #6
lyncher

Coat hanger, Oring Pick, really anything thats sturdy enough, to force the latch to release
lyncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2009, 12:11   #7
Con Murder

You guys are the bomb man, shit is all good and done!
Old July 3rd, 2009, 18:08   #8
curlex

I have the same porblem with my blowback m4, but can anyone give me info on HOW exactly to reverse the latch?
curlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2009, 21:52   #9
Con Murder

Remove the motor and handle (two screws on bottom of handle and then two inside) remember the motors orientation. Look inside, maybe with a light, and you'll see a gear imediatly inside. On the side oposite the trigger you should see a metal peice with a very small thin wire on it, this is the anti-reverse latch.

DO NOT GET CONFUSED! This small thin wire is not electrical, it is a spring mounted to the anti reverse latch. That springs hook identifies the latch while looking through the hole.

Use a sturdy item thin enough to get in and strong enough to apply force (think sticky jam jar) while still managing to grip the latch. I use needle nose plyers that are for bead work and angle to about 40 degrees (where is that button?!)

Best of luck [B]curlex[B]!
Old July 4th, 2009, 00:29   #10
curlex

Thanks Con Murder for all the help!
curlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 23:34   #11
Decimator 3000

Alright, It's been a while and I have decided to get back on this. How do I check if the fuse is blown?
Old October 16th, 2009, 18:27   #12
SHÖCK
aka SNK or Shaniqua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decimator 3000 View Post
Alright, It's been a while and I have decided to get back on this. How do I check if the fuse is blown?
Is the battery in the front grip or in the buttstock? There should be a round plastic case on one of the wires with a fuse in it.

Buyairsoft has a bad reputation around these parts and you are probably sadly out of luck trying to get help from them or a return etc. since they were sold and are under new management who probably won't honor old customers.

Goto www.mechbox.com for videos on how to dissemble the mp5.
Old October 17th, 2009, 12:30   #13
Decimator 3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHÖCK View Post
Is the battery in the front grip or in the buttstock? There should be a round plastic case on one of the wires with a fuse in it.

Buyairsoft has a bad reputation around these parts and you are probably sadly out of luck trying to get help from them or a return etc. since they were sold and are under new management who probably won't honor old customers.

Goto www.mechbox.com for videos on how to dissemble the mp5.
The Batteries are in the Grip, I'll take a look. In the meantime however the silencer on my G&G MP5 (the one with the problem belongs to a friend) won't cpme off and BBs are jammed up inside of it. I'm not sure if anyone knows how to fix that?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner