Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

I think I broke my Hop-Up unit...

:

Doctor's Corner

Old October 5th, 2009, 11:22   #1
Doombringer

I think I broke my Hop-Up unit...

Could someone please help me with this one. I was cleaning my rifle, hop-up, etc... and while cleaning the hop-up, this little part fell out of it. I think it's the little part that goes down and presses on the rubber. What is it called? I'm unsure if it just fell down or it actually broke.

Doombringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009, 11:24   #2
ex
Wanna buy some Nod's? #StolenValour

Thats your hop up nub. Look inside the HU unit and you will see a rectangle space. Turn your HU unit all the way off and carefully insert the nub in horizontally.
Old October 5th, 2009, 11:28   #3
Doombringer

I don't need to disassemble the whole unit? How will it hold in place?
Old October 5th, 2009, 11:28   #4
m102404
Tys

This is a neat pic I stole off of another site...it's a bit small but should help show where it goes.

It's the same as yours but it's a two-piece design and the feed tube is another piece (not pictured).
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009, 11:33   #5
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
I don't need to disassemble the whole unit? How will it hold in place?
You slide the rubber hop up sleeve onto the inner barrel, put some lube on the outside, set aside. Use tweezers to place the little hop up nub into the square hole as mentioned above (you MUST hold the hop up unit upside down and keep it that way until you get the inner barrel seated, or the nub will fall out), making sure it's on the adjust lever (it has a slight concave surface to it that the nub fits in, raise the hop up adjust up and lower it to make sure), then you slide the inner barrel and hop up sleeve into the hop up unit, giving little twists to work it in (this is where the lube REALLY helps) until it seats. Then snap in the C clip that holds the inner barrel and hop up unit together, all is good in the world.

Last edited by CDN_Stalker; October 5th, 2009 at 11:35..
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009, 11:46   #6
m102404
Tys

After you've done what Stalker described...take a close look at the opening of the chamber (where the nozzle would go) and see that your rubber isn't pinched/uneven/folded under. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it should look nice and even all around.

Then press down (gently) on the hopup arm while you're looking down the barrel from the chamber end. Alternatively...turn the hopup all the way off and then all the way on. You should see the bump of the hopup protrude down into the barrel. It should be centered right at 12 o'clock. If it's not...turn the barrel (gently!!) one way or the other.

Best of luck!

Tys
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009, 11:47   #7
Doombringer

Thank all of you for your help, I think I made it. The only thing is that when I turn the hop-up all the way up, there is a little notch on the last gear that is supposed to stop the movement, but right before it reaches the 2nd gear to stop, the HU "resets" and gets back to zero. Is that normal or I misplaced some parts?

edit: nevermind, I put back placed the pin in the back that holds the moving part and it's fine now.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner