Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

M4 Dust cover removal?

:

Doctor's Corner

Old September 9th, 2009, 01:18   #1
mikeeeee

M4 Dust cover removal?

i own a G&G m4 and really need to replace the dust cover for it, i am pretty much noob when it comes to opening up an m4 though, i only know how to open up my AK ... but long story short.. if someone could either explain it step by step and or even include pictures i would REALLY appreciate it. im not sure if i need to seperate the upper from the lower, inorder to get the pin past the oring .. ive seen enough videos on youtube about how to take apart a TM m4, however the dust cover always seems to get missed ..
if there already is a post on the forums about this, could someone direct me to it.. ive looked, just couldnt find one

thanks again!
mikeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2009, 18:32   #2
shadow_matter

Send a message via MSN to shadow_matter
remove the entire front end from the body. handguards, delta ring, and outer barrel. Make sure you crack the body open and remove the inner barrel before removing the outer. With the front end completely removed you can slide the hinge pin out to the front of the body. Be careful when you do this because the spring that puts the dust cover under tension (located at midpoint of dust cover) will pop out.

"I play airsoft, yes yes..."

Last edited by shadow_matter; September 23rd, 2009 at 21:32..
shadow_matter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2009, 18:56   #3
NoGear
likes being humiliated

go to www.mechbox.com

it shows you how to assemble any aeg and disassemble
NoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2009, 19:02   #4
Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGear View Post
go to www.mechbox.com

it shows you how to assemble some aeg and disassemble
and does not show dust cover removal. it is a great set of videos if you need to get at the mechbox but does not cover other smaller items.

_/|
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 21:59   #5
mikeeeee

fixed!

hey guys! thanks for the suggestions.. however.. the way to get the dust cover off, as ive found.. the easiest way.. get 1 pair of flat head plyers and 1 pair of needle nose.. at the end of the door pin by the delta ring, you should find a very small thin (whats called an E ring) around the pin in a very small grove.. you need to remove that tiny ring.. up to you whether you want to put it back on.. i find a very small amount of electrical tape does the same thing and saves loads of time if i need to remove it again.. anyways.. use the flat head plyers to hold the pin + ring stable.. and use the needle nose ones to bend a section of the ring.. once you get enough slack to move it its extremely simple.. once the ring is off the pin will slide right out, but pay attention to the spring which opens the door, it is wound and will fly out once the pin is removed.. the pin will be slightly greased.. so wash your hands
Old September 24th, 2009, 22:00   #6
mikeeeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
and does not show dust cover removal. it is a great set of videos if you need to get at the mechbox but does not cover other smaller items.
your right.. no videos actually show how to do it
Old September 24th, 2009, 22:01   #7
mikeeeee

ahh removing the front end would require SOO much extra work!!.. i did not wanna even start it because i knew there had to be a simpler way.. i mean.. its such a small insignificant part.. i couldnt see them manufacturing without a simple way to just get it off haha.. thanks for the reply though !!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner