Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Dismantle and paint TF11

:

Doctor's Corner

Old August 18th, 2009, 22:19   #1
Mitchell12
vision impaired

Dismantle and paint TF11

Has anyone here got any experience doing so? I've seen them around and I'm pretty sure I can do it but I've never worked on any kind of gbb before. I haven't bought one yet so if you have one for sale let me know too :P
Mitchell12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 19:53   #2
|^KKW^|lOnelyCot-_-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell12 View Post
Has anyone here got any experience doing so? I've seen them around and I'm pretty sure I can do it but I've never worked on any kind of gbb before. I haven't bought one yet so if you have one for sale let me know too :P
Hey. I just looked at your profile for no apparent reason, and saw your post...This one...

But, anyway, TF11 as in the CO2 Mac 11 type gun? I've painted a few guns, M4's, Pistols of various sorts, shotguns...I just finished painting a few of my fathers friends son's airsoft guns for laughs, make him feel better, you know?

Do you want to know how to paint one...Is what I am guessing you are asking? I could tell you if you would like.
|^KKW^|lOnelyCot-_- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 20:22   #3
NoGear
likes being humiliated

i personaly own one and its hella easy to paint 1. the gun is mostly clear so you can just krylon and won't have to worry about anything exept tape the barrel.

if you can paint something within a 4cm box without going out side the lines you'll do fine
NoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 21:12   #4
|^KKW^|lOnelyCot-_-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGear View Post
i personaly own one and its hella easy to paint 1. the gun is mostly clear so you can just krylon and won't have to worry about anything exept tape the barrel.

if you can paint something within a 4cm box without going out side the lines you'll do fine
Exactly my point, lol.

OH! Krylon ULTRA-FLAT BLACK CAMOFLAUGE ONLY!!! Spray about 10-16cm'a away, and shake vigorously. Just take out the magazine, put a strip of tape at the bottom where the whole is, so paint doesn't get in the internals, but make sure it is only the bottom, not up on the sides, etc, and you are good! And yes, tape the barrel too. Also, do blasts in the form of stripes. If you want shiny, go with flat, and spray close (make sure in BLASTS so there is no "waves" as I like to call them. But go back and forth). Put a few coats if you want just a flat finish (which is preferable for me) and for flat, or if you want a shine. Just do many coats. I finished my fathers friends sons, but I still got to do more coats.
Old September 17th, 2009, 21:21   #5
theguy

Cant help you with the dissassembly, but dissassemble it if you can.

heres a few quick airsoft painting tips though:
Prime it first. Then do several LIGHT coats of crylon flat black camo paint.

wait 5-10 minutes between coats, and then let it dry for while (like a few days)

Some people chose to add a clear coat, probably not a bad idea.

Some people just spray it right on the gun and don't dissassemble, however this really tests your taping skills, and you will undoubltedly get better results if you dissasemble

Chinese proverb

Last edited by theguy; September 17th, 2009 at 21:23..
theguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 21:43   #6
|^KKW^|lOnelyCot-_-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguy View Post
Cant help you with the dissassembly, but dissassemble it if you can.

heres a few quick airsoft painting tips though:
Prime it first. Then do several LIGHT coats of crylon flat black camo paint.

wait 5-10 minutes between coats, and then let it dry for while (like a few days)

Some people chose to add a clear coat, probably not a bad idea.

Some people just spray it right on the gun and don't dissassemble, however this really tests your taping skills, and you will undoubltedly get better results if you dissasemble

Oh yeah, right, the primer. You do and don't need it. It says on the bottle "primer not needed" or something like that, with the ultra-flat. I don't use primer really, its just not needed depending on the gun. But you might want to find a good sealer maybe? Just so it doesn't wear off switch sweat eventually. But if you leave it for a good few hours after painting, and leave it outside, it should be fine. Like I said, you don't need primer, and no sealent. Infact, the sealent might make it shine, so I don't suggest it.

Also, remember: ULTRA-FLAT!!!

Oh, and you are going to feel some grit after every dry. When you do a few coats, it will go away, but of course, like the other coats, the last one will have the same grit. What you want to do is get a brush (like the small ones used for sweeping. The mini brooms), and dust the thing down. Just before, you do this, or after, I would get an air-spray can. Don't worry about the "water" it is just condensation, and should be there for only a short few seconds. Also, take a toothbrush to the inside of the trigger guard. When the thing is completely dry, no paint should come off, so vigorous brushing shouldn't go anything...Atleast it didn't to me.
Old September 17th, 2009, 21:54   #7
Mitchell12
vision impaired

Ok there kids, I know how to use a spray can and just about the whole world knows krylon is the stuff to use. I just wanted to know how to dismantle it to paint it safely without gumming it up. No matter though I bought a KSC propane Mac11 instead.
Old September 18th, 2009, 00:30   #8
NoGear
likes being humiliated

if its anything like the tf-11 just take out the pins and take the hex screw out of it

be careful because the pin at the back is clamped on - piece of metal wraped up into a rod shape- theres also one located at the front but it shoudn't be a problem because most of the gun comes apart once you take of the main pins and not he clamped ones
NoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2009, 00:52   #9
mousqueterre

dismantal

remove two spring pin whit small alen key (push out) after remove alen bolt near barrel and the bolt near of your magazine after just slide off and is finish the trigger and safety no need remove for paint 5 minute job Im not remember but no take chance and check barrel position before remove.... This gun look cheap but is really fun in automatic mode....and great solution for cheap back off gun..... If you have put silicone on moving part and on co2 seals.... When im dismantle complex mecanical im take picture of each operation or im make draw and im put the bolts and part in small plastic can.....Im never remove trigger and safety but if you have trouble whit that just ask me im check whit my tf-11 but if you can dont remove that.......
mousqueterre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2009, 00:59   #10
Mitchell12
vision impaired

No, It's already black guys. lol. Thanks though.
Old September 18th, 2009, 16:27   #11
Marshall

The paint tips provided are pretty much bang on. I picked up one and I took some pictures of the process. I need to go in a bit more detail in the trigger parts and the pictures are blurry. I have a request to paint another one so I'll post up mode detailed pictures later.

After painting and putting it back together, this is the result:

Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2009, 16:46   #12
mousqueterre

My TF-11 whit twisted steel barrel after paint....picture no good quality

I like this funny gun )))

(Mitchell12-Marshall) what paint you use ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg demo.jpg (1.48 MB, 26 views)
mousqueterre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 14:19   #13
Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousqueterre View Post
(Mitchell12-Marshall) what paint you use ?
I used Krylon Ultra Flat Black Camouflage

http://www.krylon.com/products/camou...on_technology/
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner