Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Reviews - BuyAirsoft.ca

:

Reviews

Old March 13th, 2007, 15:06   #91
conrad13

Send a message via MSN to conrad13
I recently got an SRC M16A4 from them. At splatters it was shooting 300 with .20 bastard bbs. Had a nice high ROF. The only things I didn't like about it was the front handguard was a little loose, the piston, and there seemed to be alot of extra wire in the full stock. When I cracked open the mechbox, it looked pretty good inside. THe mechbox was definately reenforced and there were metal bushings. It wasn't overly greased either. I replaced the piston with a stock TM one. I checked the shimming and it seemed good. I'm not sure how the gear will last but I've got a set of stock TMs in case the worst happens. The hopup was nice and tight so it won't back off after a few dozen rounds. The two 300rnd high caps don't seem t o have a problem feeding. This gun is going toa get a workout soon. I replaced the stock spring with a 1.4J so I'm looking forward to trying it out.
conrad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 15:11   #92
gamz

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad13 View Post
I recently got an SRC M16A4 from them. At splatters it was shooting 300 with .20 bastard bbs. Had a nice high ROF. The only things I didn't like about it was the front handguard was a little loose, the piston, and there seemed to be alot of extra wire in the full stock. When I cracked open the mechbox, it looked pretty good inside. THe mechbox was definately reenforced and there were metal bushings. It wasn't overly greased either. I replaced the piston with a stock TM one. I checked the shimming and it seemed good. I'm not sure how the gear will last but I've got a set of stock TMs in case the worst happens. The hopup was nice and tight so it won't back off after a few dozen rounds. The two 300rnd high caps don't seem t o have a problem feeding. This gun is going toa get a workout soon. I replaced the stock spring with a 1.4J so I'm looking forward to trying it out.
That's the same rifle I was looking at getting.

How sturdy is it? Nice feel to it? How's the barrel wobble and creak?

Thanks!

Old March 13th, 2007, 15:34   #93
aZn_triXta07

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad13 View Post
The front handguard is solid for mine, I only had a minor barrel wobble but that's cause the screw holding the outer barrel wasn't tight in the first place, got a hex wrench and it's solid now. As for the full stock I haven't had any issues with the wiring being too long. It's awesome right now

As for the release date on that video I believe the V2's started coming out in January, so that MAY be an older one ...but who knows. Don't take this statement of mine as fact :P I haven't paid too much attention to SRC until now.
aZn_triXta07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 16:28   #94
LUTNIT

Just got a delivery notice for my slither stock M4, was at school when the mail truck came so I gotta pick it up tomorrow. I'll add anything if I find anything weird about mine. I'll be rewiring mine to the rear in short order for a battery bag and maybe in the future a crane stock but I do like the plain jane look of a normal non-special forces uber l33t M4.
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 19:52   #95
conrad13

Send a message via MSN to conrad13
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamz View Post
That's the same rifle I was looking at getting.

How sturdy is it? Nice feel to it? How's the barrel wobble and creak?

Thanks!
It's a nice solid rifle, good weight to it, delta ring spring is nice and strong. The motor seems comparable to a TM EG1000 though i've only put about 600 rounds thropugh it so far. If there is any barrel wobble it's probably because the set screws need tightening, mine were loose from shipping I expect. I haven't really found any creaking in it yet and I slung it aroudn my hosue yesterday and had it on for a few hours to and it was still good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZn_triXta07
As for the full stock I haven't had any issues with the wiring being too long. It's awesome right now
I think I may have been a bit biased on that, I custom wire all my guns so I was just really referring to personal preference.
conrad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 20:06   #96
aZn_triXta07

It is very nice and solid, yeah I love the sound of the gearbox, but it's not comparable to the upgraded V2 one I got sitting around, I may stick that in to checkout the compatiblity.
aZn_triXta07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 20:38   #97
Starman33

Send a message via MSN to Starman33
The site doesn't work for me...

I can enter, but there is a blank page after the banner page

checked the source code... and it's empty HTML...

talking about the Buyairsoft one

Last edited by Starman33; March 13th, 2007 at 20:40..
Starman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 20:47   #98
LUTNIT

Weird, works for me, maybe try another browser?
Old March 13th, 2007, 20:52   #99
Starman33

Send a message via MSN to Starman33
weird... had to browse throught a proxy...

thanks anyway
Starman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 20:58   #100
Curtis Tactics

Send a message via MSN to Curtis Tactics
half way through buying an ICS m16, no direct contact with them at the moment... saved 100$ compared to warcraft, more details after i recieve the rifle
Old March 14th, 2007, 10:46   #101
Jimski

they carry revolvers now, wooo-hoo!

the one they have is really lame though.
gotta have them order some 8 inch barrels...
Jimski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 19:11   #102
LUTNIT

Just got my SRC M4A1....

-tip was painted orange, laquer thinner and a propane torch couldn't remove the paint, had to scratch it up with a dremel
-bolt jammed, dust cover didn't open, forced it a LITTLE (barely any more than normal force) and the tab that holds the dust cover closed snapped right off. Dust cover doesn't stay closed anymore, no big deal since its not a rare part or anything and works find with it open.
-slither stock is really wobbly, going to stick some 100mph tape on it to tighten it
-I think it may be shooting harder than advertised. It said 280fps on the site but it can easily go clear through both sides of a pop can so I'm thinking its more in the low 300's
-the two hicaps it came with work in my CA G36 with private parts armalite magwell conversion and my STAR L85. My STAR mags and CA mags (highs and lows for both) work fine in the SRC M4A1
-metal body seems to be really well done. It doesn't noticeably weigh less than my CA M15A4, no cracks, mold lines, flash, or air bubbles in it or the plastic parts.
-Had to tighten the bolts on the barrel same as everyone else to get rid of the barrel wobble but now its all solid.

Overall I'm quite happy with the quality and with buyairsoft.ca's service again. I've only shot about 100 rounds through it but it'll be used in a game this Saturday for its trial by fire
Old March 15th, 2007, 02:34   #103
underground

read some good reviews about the JG/Echo1 m4a1. Really does seem to outperform a TM m4a1 (except for cosmetic wise). I wanted a CA m15a4 at first but i read that the JG m4a1 uses some CA internals (gears or something) so its almost comparible? As for the gun weight, can someone tell me approx range the TM and CA weigh? According to many sources, JG weighs exactly or close to the TM. I know the TM is mainly made of ABS plastic but the CA has more metal possibly, I just want to know if they weigh almost the same since i want a gun that weighs closer to the real steel.
Old March 15th, 2007, 06:47   #104
medhatboy
formerly Swatt Five-Six

My CA weights a lot more then my friends TM by at least 1-2 lbs.
medhatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007, 08:22   #105
Mist3r.B
formerly Botchbomber

Send a message via MSN to Mist3r.B
Does someone konw where they're located (province)?
Mist3r.B is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews