Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Lee Enfield No 4

:

WW1, WW2

Old November 8th, 2008, 16:23   #16
Yorkie

If it's parts you want, these guys are right on the ball:

http://www.e-gunparts.com/model.asp?idDept=231

They have all sorts of stuff for all sorts of guns, apart from mags & receivers (per the customs rules) everything else is okay to be shipped up here.

They get full stock sets every once in a while, but it can take time.

Don't get doscouraged, it all comes down to the time any way. I'm suffering a severe piss-taking off the guys for the length of time this has been sitting in my basement, but what the heck, I'd be taking the piss as well if I was as ugly as they are, it diverts attention.
Yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2008, 16:46   #17
Yorkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krieg View Post
Glynn, look on page 3 of the thread I shoved
Bugger. I'm a bloody wingnut sometimes, I didn't even realise there was more than one page!
Old November 8th, 2008, 17:48   #18
redhawk_six

The idea that the No.1 is incorrect for WWII is not true. While the No.4 was more widely used, the No.1 also saw combat use with commonwealth forces, including the Canadians. In fact, it saw it's fair share of use in the African and later the Italian campaigns.
redhawk_six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2008, 21:08   #19
Dogfood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
but what the heck, I'd be taking the piss as well if I was as ugly as they are, it diverts attention.
Bugger. I'm a bloody wingnut sometimes, I didn't even realise there was more than one page!
LOL. Dumbass!! And I mean that in the nicest way possible buddy..

Ontario Airsoft WW2 Reenactors
MP-40, HFC M712, WA M1911A1, TM Thompson
TM AK-47 x 2, K98 x 2 , M4, MP-44, Luger, FAL, Sten
If all else fails USE THE SHOVEL!

Last edited by Dogfood; November 8th, 2008 at 21:12..
Dogfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2008, 22:11   #20
GeneralMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheer View Post
The balls were aimed at the seller not you Like I say most of the people I've dealt with on ebay.com are good folks and very helpful, you just need to be patient and ask around.

I now have everything for the No.4 I can get, including the magazine which are the most difficult to source, I only need the internals. I'm currently aiming on using a gas gun, that way I don't have to cut a space for the magazines to slot in. But then it comes with all the problems of a gas gun & I'll have to use the magazine as a template to make fake mags to stick to the bottom of the gas mags so it's swings & round abouts. My one will (fingers crossed) be better aesthetically at the expense of practicality & possibly performance but it comes down to what you're wanting.
Ah, okay, I feel better now.

Yeah, at the moment I am aiming more for a mixture of a fairly good overall cost, relatively good durability, and enough look to make it feel real. At least compared to some of those odd looking clearsoft ones that don't even feel like a gun....

Quote:
Don't feel bad, your not the only one, until they mentioned it, I thought there was only one page myself.

In regards to the No 1's use in WWII, I guess it was a necessity weapon, the UK was REALLY short on guns after D-Day, only by the generosity of the Americans in sending over an early shipment of arms, could most of the main soldiers on the Islands be armed (the 1st Canadian division included).

And in regards to Canada, in '39, we had 29 Brens, 23 anti tank rifles and 5 three inch mortars.

Quote:
If it's parts you want, these guys are right on the ball:

http://www.e-gunparts.com/model.asp?idDept=231

They have all sorts of stuff for all sorts of guns, apart from mags & receivers (per the customs rules) everything else is okay to be shipped up here.

They get full stock sets every once in a while, but it can take time.

Don't get doscouraged, it all comes down to the time any way. I'm suffering a severe piss-taking off the guys for the length of time this has been sitting in my basement, but what the heck, I'd be taking the piss as well if I was as ugly as they are, it diverts attention.
Thanks for the link, should be a help. I will work on not getting discouraged also.

Last edited by GeneralMatt; November 8th, 2008 at 22:15..
GeneralMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2008, 09:16   #21
Yorkie

Hey Matt, you should see if you can make it to one of the WW2 events, I know it would be quite a way for you to get here, but as you can see we're a very supportive bunch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfood View Post
LOL. Dumbass!! And I mean that in the nicest way possible buddy..
Cheers mate, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now.
Old November 9th, 2008, 12:52   #22
scheer

Well having spent a day running around in British Airborne kit for todays WW2 themed event, I have to say the Shoot'n'scoot Enfield No.4 is very effective, great range and accuracy. As I said before it's based on the APS with Classic Army advanced hop up & precision barrel.
scheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2008, 12:59   #23
GeneralMatt

Quote:
Hey Matt, you should see if you can make it to one of the WW2 events, I know it would be quite a way for you to get here, but as you can see we're a very supportive bunch...
I am sure I would really enjoy it for sure, I have been dreaming about running around playing war since I was really little, and mom and dad hoped I would grow out of it.

I hear though, its getting pretty late in the season correct? So maybe next season, I know I would quite enjoy it.

I should look it up scheer, are they still making them?
Old November 9th, 2008, 13:08   #24
scheer

The owner/proprietor of Shoot'n'Scoot makes each one to order.
scheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2008, 13:09   #25
GeneralMatt

Ah, very nice, though he is in the UK judging from the prices in Pounds? I guess that would be a problem with our customs as they are. I did not take our custom troubles to be solely on the US border...
Old April 5th, 2009, 19:02   #26
GeneralMatt

I thought I might mention that a woodworking friend and I have started work at carving a stock out of a large chunk of wood, if I get any good pictures, and there is any interest, I might show an image. Unfortunately I have not even got age verified yet, the guy is still in my area is still in Afghanistan for a bit, so we agreed not to cut out any of the insides till I actually lay my hands on the machinery (Which requires getting age verified) but the work on the stock may be of interest.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > WW1, WW2