Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Dan wesson Ammo and speed loader

:

Newbie Tank

Old July 10th, 2016, 23:23   #1
WildBill357

Dan wesson Ammo and speed loader

just got a 2.5" Dan Wesson new...was only $158 Cad after taxes & Shipping im assuming it comes with the 6 shells & speed loader thing, the vendor was pretty vague but was clear that its unopened and new...does any one know if the speed loader is to load the bbs into the shells quickly? or is it to load the shells into the revolver quickly?
Its more of a cheap show piece, i mean I didnt really get it to use as a secondary, but am curious if anyone here DOES sport 6-shooters as side arms/secondary weapons in games? i have a full-auto carbine so the 6 shot capacity shouldnt matter too much, hopefully? usually when i play with a side arm its my friends desert eagle and i rarely fire it for more than 10 shots at a time..(the rifle's for that kinda shooting). also since there is no hop up on those dan wessons i wanted to ask what kinda BB ppl use with them..?
WildBill357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2016, 00:38   #2
mikebarkski

i thought you said you were going to get the tokyo marui revolver w/ its 24 shot system so that it would be practical? decided to save $200 and just reload every 6 rounds..?
mikebarkski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2016, 00:52   #3
Sputmilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBill357 View Post
does any one know if the speed loader is to load the bbs into the shells quickly? or is it to load the shells into the revolver quickly?
Did it come with a manual?
Sputmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2016, 01:51   #4
WildBill357

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBill357 View Post
...was only $158 Cad after taxes & Shipping im assuming it comes with the 6 shells & speed loader thing, the vendor was pretty vague but was clear that its unopened and new...
@Sputmilk: i just had it shipped the other day so dont actually have it in my possession yet, haha, sry shoulda made that clear...kinda why im lookin for ppl with hands on time with these dan wessons who might be able to to tell me things such as best ammo to use and whatnot..but i assume it comes with a manual...first ASG product, but all the G&G, KJW, HFC, Umarex and KWC guns i have came with diagrams showing the layout of the gun....i know that many people put alot of value in the brand name, and i've heard mostly good things about asg in general, but in my ten years of on-and--off airsoft consumerism the KJW, HFC, & Umarex have been the only brand to shit the bed on me. Although the Umarex was very low end product for them; i thinkthe HFC gun broke after some one intentionally took a piece out; KJW sniper rifle mk2 carbine i believe had issues with the semi-auto out of the box; but the G&G AEGs and KWC GBBPs are still goin strong for me and my buddies for over a year now w/o any upgrades or repairs just basic maintenance and cleaning, maybe we baby them.

one day i will go all out and get a customized aeg from TM...and itll probably be the first used gun i buy...i dont think i would buy a KWC or even G&G used unless i really new the history of it

@mike: you live down the street from me, quit replying to my questions, you know i cant take you seriously on the internet...
WildBill357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2016, 12:26   #5
Zeroroaster

I've been gaming a Skeleton Sidearms 8" revolver (same thing as a Dan Wesson) for over a year now. I modified it to reduce the FPS so it'd be legal for field play and CQB. I can adjust it either way to suit.

The speed loader is for loading the shells into the cylinder. You load the BB's into the shells (one BB per shell), place the shells into the loader and push and twist the knob to lock them in. Then when you load the cylinder all you have to do is get the shells into the cylinder and push down on the loader, the lock will release and the shells fall in.

I also have my trusty 1911 semi auto but rarely use it...I love the revolver. It's ridiculously economical on CO2, especially with the fps turned down. I get well over 100 shots on a 12g cartridge. I usually pack a couple of dozen extra shells pre-loaded to help prevent fumbling and yeah, you have to count your shots...but it certainly is do-able. The accuracy of the 8" barrel does keep it viable.
Zeroroaster is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank